7 KEY FEATURES OF OXIDIZED JEWELLERY
Oxidized jewellery is a type of jewellery that has a dark, antique, and rustic appearance. The following are the features of oxidized jewellery:
- Color: The color of oxidized jewellery is dark and sometimes black due to the chemical reaction that occurs when the metal is exposed to air.
- Surface: The surface of it is textured and has a matte finish, which adds to its unique and rustic appearance.
- Material: It is made from various metals such as silver, copper, brass, and other alloys.
- Process: Oxidization is achieved by exposing the metal to an oxidizing agent such as sulfur or nitric acid. The process creates a thin layer of metal oxide on the surface of the jewellery, giving it its dark color.
- Durability: Oxidized jewellery is durable and long-lasting. However, its color may change over time due to natural wear and tear or exposure to chemicals.
- Style: It is a popular choice for those who appreciate a rustic, bohemian, or vintage style. It is often used to create unique and bold pieces of jewellery.
- Maintenance: It requires proper care to maintain its appearance. Avoid exposing it to water, chemicals, and perfumes, as they can cause the metal to deteriorate