FISHTAIL LEHENGA – A BRIDAL CHOICE
A fishtail lehenga is a traditional Indian garment that is worn by women during special occasions such as weddings and festivals. It is characterized by its distinct shape, which resembles the tail of a fish.
- Shape: The lehenga has a fitted waist and flares out at the hips and thighs, giving it a fishtail shape.
- Fabric: Fishtail lehengas are typically made from luxurious fabrics such as silk, satin, and velvet, which drapes beautifully and adds to the grandeur of the garment.
- Embellishments: Fishtail lehengas are often adorned with intricate embroidery, beadwork, and other embellishments, making them perfect for formal occasions.
- Length: Fishtail lehengas are usually longer in length than traditional lehengas, and reach the ankles or the floor.
- Blouse: The blouse worn with a it is typically a fitted, short-sleeved blouse that is also decorated with embroidery and embellishments.
- Dupatta: A dupatta, or long scarf, is typically worn with a it. It can be draped over the head or worn over the shoulders.
- Occasions: It are often worn during traditional Indian weddings, as well as during festivals such as Diwali and Navratri. They are also worn during other formal occasions, such as engagement parties and receptions.
- Colours: Fishtail lehengas come in a variety of colors, ranging from traditional reds, golds, and greens to more modern shades such as pastels and bright colors.
- Care: As fishtail lehengas are often made from delicate fabrics and adorned with intricate embellishments, they require special care. They should be dry cleaned and stored carefully to ensure they last for many years.
- Customization: It can be customized according to the individual’s preference, like changing the length of the flare, adding or reducing the embellishment and also the color can be changed as per the preference.
- Fit: Fishtail lehengas are designed to have a snug fit around the waist and hips, which accentuates the flare and fishtail shape of the garment.
- Choli: The choli, or bodice, is a key element of a fishtail lehenga. It is typically a fitted, short-sleeved blouse that is often decorated with embroidery and embellishments to match the lehenga.
- Custom Tailoring: It can be customized to fit the wearer’s body shape and size through custom tailoring. This ensures a perfect fit and makes the lehenga more comfortable to wear.
- Accessories: Fishtail lehengas are often paired with traditional Indian jewelry, such as jhumkas (earrings), bangles, and a maang tikka (forehead jewelry). These accessories add to the overall elegance of the look.
- Different styles: itare available in different styles, like traditional, fusion, contemporary, and fusion-contemporary. Depending on the occasion, you can pick the style accordingly.
- Different cuts: Fishtail lehengas can come in different cuts like A-line, mermaid, and straight cut lehengas. The A-line lehenga flares out from the waist giving it a fishtail shape, while the mermaid and straight cut lehengas are more fitted from the waist to the hem.
- Styling: It can be styled in different ways depending on the occasion. For example, a fishtail lehenga can be paired with a dupatta for a traditional look or worn without a dupatta for a more modern, fusion look.
- Customizable hemline: Fishtail lehenga hemline can be customized as per the preference, like scalloped, layered or ruffled hemline can be added to the lehenga for an added glamour.
- Different types of fishtail lehenga: It can be further divided into different types like the traditional fishtail lehenga, modern lehenga etc.
- Popular designers: Itare designed by many popular Indian designers, who are known for their intricate and luxurious designs. Some of the popular designers include Sabyasachi Mukherjee, Manish Malhotra, and Tarun Tahiliani
Overall, a fishtail lehenga is a beautiful and elegant traditional Indian garment that is perfect for formal occasions such as weddings and festivals. Its distinct shape, luxurious fabrics, and intricate embellishments make it a stunning choice for any woman looking to make a statement at a special event.